Supply Care Solutions are looking for a Band 5 Registered General Nurse in Norfolk.
RATE: £16.25-£18.00 per hour
HOURS: This is a Full time role (37.5 hours per week), ongoing for 3 months
TEAM: Band 5 Ward Nurse, required to do various shift patterns including nights. The ward is largely a mixture of complex rehab and EoL patients.
• Be responsible for the delivery and co-ordination of care to a named group of patients
• Work effectively as a member of the multi-disciplinary team.
• Work proactively within the team to achieve unit and trust goals and objectives.
• Work with and promote recognised policies, protocols and guidelines
Clinical Duties & Responsibilities
• Is wholly responsible for his/her practice in accordance with the Nursing and Midwifery Council code of professional conduct. Takes every reasonable opportunity to sustain and improve his/her knowledge and professional competence. To continue any development highlighted through the appraisal process and attend mandatory and specific training sessions.
• Plan and assess programmes of care with realistic nursing goals with the consultation of patient, family and multidisciplinary team.
• To be sensitive to patients needs in respect of courtesy, dignity and privacy.
• Promote effective communication with the multi-professional team.
• Provide information and education, which enables patients to make choices about adopting a healthier lifestyle (in an appropriate manner to meet patients learning needs).
• Recommend innovative changes in clinical practice, to enhance patient care.
• Participate in audit processes and action outcomes.
• Demonstrate an understanding of research and application to clinical practice.
• Use clinical expertise and knowledge to promote a ‘nurse led’ approach to care. Taking on a ‘Link nurse’ role where appropriate.
• Ensure the safe control and custody of drugs within the ward/department in line with Trust Policy and local Standard Operating Procedures.
• Inform the Sister/ Nurse in Charge of changes in circumstances which may affect safe and competent practice.
• Ensure that all patient care is documented accurately and legible and that information systems are maintained in a timely manner.
• Work collaboratively with outside agencies.
• Be aware of and utilise other statutory and voluntary agencies that can provide appropriate care for patients.
- Proven post qualifying experience
- Current NMC registration
- Commitment to patient care and the safety and well-being of vulnerable people
Our locum workers benefit from
- Excellent Rates
- Refer-a-friend scheme*
- Assistance with DBS applications
- Dedicated consultant support
- Varied career and flexible working opportunities
If you are interested in this position please apply online or call us on 020 8506 1111
Supply Care Solutions have a number of locum jobs across the UK. * All locums must be contract compliant before commencing work through our agency. We are recruiting professionals across all specialisms and grade. We offer an excellent referral bonus for any new worker you refer to us *Terms and conditions apply. Supply Care Solutions works in conjunction with Monitor/TDA rate caps