Supply Care Solutions are looking for a Family Support Worker in the West Midlands.
SALARY: up to £14.00 ph (umbrella)
HOURS: This is a Full time role (36 hours per week)
Key working responsibilities,
We are looking for a Family Support Workers to join a busy Assessment & Duty Team.
Please note that being a driver with use of own vehicle is essential as part of this role.
The FSW role is an important key role within the Assessment & Duty service. As a Family Support Worker you will work within a team of Social Workers working to support and safeguard our most vulnerable children, young people and their families.
Within the role you will :
• Work alongside social workers to contribute to high quality assessments to support and safeguard children and young people.
• Undertake high quality evidence based Graded Care Profile 2 assessments and PAM’s assessments
• Work alongside social workers to progress the Care in Need Plans and Child Protection Plans
• Work in partnership with families, providing advice and support to strengthen their parenting and promote the safety and welfare of children and young people living within the family, reducing the risk of abuse and neglect and the need for statutory social care intervention.
• Proactively engage and support the most vulnerable, distressed and challenging children, young people and so that we fully understand their day to day lived experience and take account of their wishes and feelings.
• Utilise a ‘Think Family’ approach to ensure that all services working with the family are coordinated and work effectively together whilst maintaining a focus upon the safety and wellbeing of the children and young people.
• Enable the development of positive parenting strategies to enable families to gain and maintain independence and control over all aspects of their lives and contribute positively within the community.
• Work with families with complex often interrelated problems including poverty, social exclusion, oppression, poor housing, mental health, substance misuse, domestic abuse, crime and antisocial behaviour.
• Contribute to the protection of children, young people and vulnerable adults in line with Dudley Safeguarding Children and Adult Board reporting procedures.
• Work as an effective supportive team member positively prioritising the needs of children and their families in need of support and intervention.
Qualifications:. Professional qualification relevant to work with children and families at NVQ3 or above and good Literacy and English writing and numeracy skills level 3 and above Evidence of continued learning and development Good level of IT skills and application experience:
Experience of working with children, young people and families at risk of statutory intervention.
Experience of working with families with multiple and complex interrelated problems.
Experience of delivery of evidence based parenting programmes or interventions or a willingness to undertake training to deliver these.
Experience of carrying out risk and needs assessment and the development, coordination, implementation, monitoring and review of Family support plans Experience of working in a multi-agency setting/environment
Support Worker Requirements
– Proven experience in working with childrens/Adult services
– Current Enhanced DBS Disclosure
– Eligibility to work in the UK without work permit or visa restrictions
– Commitment to the safe care and well-being of vulnerable people
Our locum workers benefit from
– Excellent Rates
– Refer-a-friend scheme*
– Assistance with DBS applications
– Dedicated consultant support
– Varied career and flexible working opportunities
If you are interested in this position please apply online or call us on 020 8506 1111
Supply Care Solutions have a number of locum jobs across the UK. * All locums must be contract compliant before commencing work through our agency. We are recruiting professionals across all specialisms and grade. We offer an excellent referral bonus for any new worker you refer to us *Terms and conditions apply. Supply Care Solutions works in conjunction with Monitor/TDA rate caps