Permanent job for a Community-based Social Worker in Essex
- Location: Harlow, Epping & Uttlesford
- Working hours are Monday to Friday 9am – 5pm
- Salary: . £32,787 to £44,826 per annum
With us, you can achieve more – for yourself as well as the vulnerable adults you work to support. We’re always looking for new ways to deliver even better services, Social Workers play an integral role in the preventative approach to Social Care. We encourage our multi-disciplinary teams to share their ideas and experience. We work together to get things done. Bring your positive, proactive attitude, and we’ll empower you to make the most of your experience within the council Adult Social Care services.
Working to support adults and their families who have complex social needs and are more vulnerable as a result of disability, exclusion, or diminished capacity, you’ll maximise their potential to live independently.
With case work focusing on the most complex and challenging adult cases, you’ll ensure that adults and their families are safeguarded. You’ll share ideas and best practice, providing specialist advice as part of a multi-disciplinary team sharing your knowledge as a Social Worker.
Social workers manage a caseload, including assessment of risk and purposeful intervention through direct work, commissioned services and review.
We currently have several opportunities for Social Workers, within our West Essex area within Early Interventions, Ongoing Support and several other teams.
The West Essex area covers Harlow and Epping. West Essex is unique as it borders London boroughs, Hertfordshire, Cambridgeshire and has close links to NHS partners in the area. This offers the opportunity for those joining us in West Essex to be involved in initiatives that run across authorities and organisations. With close proximity to bordering counties and North East London the area is ideal for those that want to commute into Essex.
To apply, you should be a qualified social worker with current Social Work England registration. You’ll bring significant experience of social work, modelling good practice and providing advice and guidance in complex situations. As, as a subject matter expert in relevant professional practice, you should have a comprehensive understanding of current legislation, regulations, and guidance. With experience of chairing meetings involving clients, family members, carers, and other multi-agency professionals, we’re looking for your ability to develop strong relationships with partner agencies and the local community to provide a supportive framework for vulnerable adults.
You’ll also bring:
- Evidence of continuing professional development and capability of practice in accordance with current professional standards.
- An in-depth understanding of the financial implications of commissioned care packages.
- The ability to make clear decisions, to highlight and limit potential risks associated with intervention.
This role involves travelling around Essex and beyond. A driving license and car – or the ability to meet the mobility requirements of the role through other means – is essential
What We Offer In Return
We’ll support you to be to your best …
- Training and development to empower you from our award-winning Academy.
- With us you can make your career work for you with flexible working options
- With us you can get the support you need with employee wellbeing and counselling
- Lease Car scheme and free parking
- Up to £8000 for relocation *
- With us you can have peace of mind with life assurance of three times annual salary
- Payment of professional fees for approved professions
For you to be eligible for our roles you must have a current SWE/ Registration, commitment to the safe care and well-being of vulnerable people and previous NHS experience.
Supply Care Solutions offer an excellent referral bonus for any new workers you refer to us. Please view our website for more details www.supplycaresolutions.co.uk
Please call our Social care team on 020 8506 1111 (option 1) if you have any questions or have a referral for us.
Supply Care Solutions have a number of locum jobs across the UK. All locums must be contract compliant before commencing work through our agency. We offer an excellent referral bonus for any new worker you refer to us*Terms and conditions apply. Supply Care Solutions works in