Supply Care Solutions are looking for qualified PPA Class Teacher for an ongoing job in London.
Hours: Full time
Dates: Sept through to July
To take responsibility for the education and welfare of a designated class of children in accordance with the current School Teachers’ Pay and Conditions document, having due regard to the requirements of the National Curriculum and LA and school policies. Teachers’ performance will be assessed against the Teacher Standards as part of the appraisal process as relevant to their role in the school.
- To plan learning experiences for the class in accordance with national, LA and school curriculum policies and in co-operation with subject and phase leaders to ensure that the children experience a broad, balanced, relevant and stimulating curriculum.
- To ensure a close match between the learning experiences offered and the individual needs of the children in the class, so as to give each child an opportunity to achieve to the maximum of his/her capability.
To make appropriate educational provision for children with SEN and those learning EAL, with support from the Inclusion Manager, as appropriate.
- To maintain a high standard of display both in the classroom and in other areas of the school.
- Where possible, to make sure that the majority of the children’s work is closely linked to first-hand practical experience.
- To provide children with opportunities to manage their own learning and become independent learners.
- Use an appropriate range of observation, assessment, monitoring and recording strategies as a basis for setting challenging learning objectives for pupils of all backgrounds, abilities and dispositions, monitoring learners’ progress and levels of attainment.
- Make accurate and productive use of assessment to secure pupils’ progress.
- Give pupils regular feedback, both orally and through accurate marking, and encourage pupils to respond to the feedback, reflect on progress, their emerging needs and to take a responsible and conscientious attitude to their own work and learning.
- Use relevant data to monitor progress, set targets, and plan subsequent lessons.
- Set homework and plan other out-of-class activities to consolidate and extend the knowledge and understanding pupils have acquired, as appropriate.
- Participate in arrangements for assessments within the remit of the School Teachers’ Pay and Conditions Document.
- To assess children’s progress, maintain records and provide written reports to parents and carers in accordance with school policies.
- To communicate and consult with parents and carers and with outside agencies, as necessary, about children’s progress and attainment.
- Qualified Teacher Status
- Evidence of participation in relevant CPD
- Proven ability as an excellent classroom teacher with relevant experience in the primary phase
- Evidence of good classroom management skills and positive behaviour management strategies
- Ability to relate well to children and share their interests and enthusiasms
- Ability to use ICT to enhance learning
Our locum workers benefit from
- Excellent Rates
- Refer-a-friend scheme*
- Assistance with DBS applications
- Dedicated consultant support
- Varied career and flexible working opportunities
If you are interested in this position please apply online or call us on 020 8506 1111
Supply Care Solutions have a number of locum jobs across the UK. * All locums must be contract compliant before commencing work through our agency. We are recruiting professionals across all specialisms and grade. We offer an excellent referral bonus for any new worker you refer to us *Terms and conditions apply. Supply Care Solutions works in conjunction with Monitor/TDA rate caps