Supply Care Solutions are looking for a Social Worker in North London
SALARY: £33,418 – £44,860
TEAM: Family Assessment Centre
HOURS: This is a Full time role
You will deliver a high-quality social work service to children and families working in partnership with other statutory and third sector organisations. In your role you will work with children in care and their families to ensure children and young people are safeguarded by undertaking parenting assessments, running parenting programmes and undertaking direct work with children and young people. You will also lead on specific parenting programmes and undertake court directed parenting capacity assessments, including undertaking PAMs parenting assessments and Sibling assessment (Together or apart specialist assessment).
Some of the key responsibilities include:
• To undertake Parenting Assessments within the required timescales in accordance with the Framework.
• To assess and identify levels of risk and need and deliver protective or supportive service for children and young people, in care, subject to child protection plan or children in need.
• To implement care plans by working in partnership with parents and colleagues from other agencies to effect better outcomes for children/young people.
• To formulate care plans in partnerships with children and young people, their families and other providers of care and assistance based on these assessments.
• To produced courts statements and when required, give evidence in court on behalf of the Local Authority
• To promote the welfare of children in need with particular regard to their age, sex, health, race, religion, culture and life experience as appropriate.
These activities may be varied from time to time to meet the changing needs of the service.
The ideal candidate will have:
• Experience of working with vulnerable children, young people and their families.
• Experience of undertaking specialist PAM’s assessments.
• Knowledge and experience of using psychodynamic framework as a tool in understanding family dynamics to support families to reach their potential.
• Experience of undertaking parenting programmes.
For the successful appointed candidate, they will have access to a wide range of financial and non-financial benefits such as employee discounts, recruitment and retention payment; access to local government pension.
Qualified Social Worker Requirements
– CSW/CQSW/DipSW/BA/MA in Social Work
– Proven post qualifying experience in working with Adult services
– Current Social Worker England registration
– Current Enhanced DBS Disclosure
– Eligibility to work in the UK without work permit or visa restrictions
– Commitment to the safe care and well-being of vulnerable people
If you are interested in this position please apply online or call us on 020 8506 1111
Supply Care Solutions have a number of locum jobs across the UK. * All locums must be contract compliant before commencing work through our agency. We are recruiting professionals across all specialisms and grade. We offer an excellent referral bonus for any new worker you refer to us *Terms and conditions apply. Supply Care Solutions works in conjunction with Monitor/TDA rate caps