Supply Care Solutions are looking for a Fostering Social Worker in North London.
• Salary: up to £33,418 to £44,860 pa
• Type: PERMANENT
• Team: Fostering
• Hours: Full time role (35 hours per week, Monday-Friday)
About the Service
The Service is committed to proving high quality care to Looked After Children and Young People and in doing so raise the profile of fostering to ensure all Looked After Children and Young People have positive experiences whilst living away from their birth families.
The Service is responsible for the recruitment, assessment, training and support of all internally approved foster carers providing care to any Looked After Child or Young Person, including those who are ‘Connected Persons’.
The Fostering Service is committed to:
• Ensuring that the service exceeds the requirements of the Fostering Services Regulations, National Minimum Standards, and best practice.
• Engage and empower all children and young people to have a more effective voice in making decisions about their own care and planning service developments.
• Ensure that children unable to return to their birth family have agreed permanency plans which give them appropriate legal security and are progressed on a timescale that is right for the child. By developing the use of Special Guardianship and rationalising the delivery of Long-Term Fostering.
• Support IROs to review Care Plans at every Looked After Child Review and make certain the plan for permanence is addressed at the 2nd review with clear timescales for implementation of the permanence plan.
• Make sure that every child and young person is provided with information about the services to be provided and the independent support systems, through the Children’s Guide.
• Provide foster carers with supervision & support and learning & development opportunities which will enable them to promote positive outcomes in all areas of children and young people’s lives
• Employ skilled and competent social workers and ensure they make use of the council policies, procedures, and systems effectively and equitably to increase the efficiency of the service so improving performance against agreed outcomes for children.
• Promote the councils priorities for children and young people – as detailed in the Children and Young People’s Plan with an emphasis on promoting outcomes for children in care.
Qualifications & Experience for the Role
– Diploma in Social Work or Certificate of Qualification in Social Work
– Experience of working directly with children and young people and their families form a linguistically and culturally diverse community
– Knowledge and experience of using a range of IT applications including Microsoft office and computer based social care record keeping systems
– Proven experience
– Current DBS
– SWE Registration
Qualified Social Worker Requirements
– CSW/CQSW/DipSW/BA/MA in Social Work
– Proven post qualifying experience in working with childrens services
– Current Social Worker England registration
– Current Enhanced DBS Disclosure
– Eligibility to work in the UK without work permit or visa restrictions
– Commitment to the safe care and well-being of vulnerable people
Our locum workers benefit from
– Excellent Rates
– Refer-a-friend scheme*
– Assistance with DBS applications
– Dedicated consultant support
– Varied career and flexible working opportunities
If you are interested in this position please apply online or call us on 020 8506 1111
Supply Care Solutions have a number of locum jobs across the UK. * All locums must be contract compliant before commencing work through our agency. We are recruiting professionals across all specialisms and grade. We offer an excellent referral bonus for any new worker you refer to us *Terms and conditions apply. Supply Care Solutions works in conjunction with Monitor/TDA rate caps