Supply Care Solutions are looking for a Social Worker in Dorset.
SALARY: £28,672 – £38,890 per annum
TEAM: Children and Families First Team (Permanent)
HOURS: This is a Full time role (37 hours per week)
The Children and Families First teams offer statutory social work service to help and support vulnerable children, young people and families who are experiencing difficulties that are complex or serious in nature and need planned assessment and interventions over a period of time at Level 4 Children in Need, Child Protection or Permanency through legal intervention and court work.
We are currently looking for experienced social workers to join our dynamic and forward-thinking teams within Assessment, Children & Families First and Out of Hours Services.
If you join our Service, you will have access to a range of post-qualifying training and learning opportunities, many of which are delivered in partnership with our local university.
For experienced staff joining us who want to develop their career as Practice Educators, you will have access to training and CPD support. In every team there are opportunities to teach and to support students, including those on our Step up to Social Work programme. You will be able to link into and support our planned Social work Academy.
We have a graduated level of career progression for social workers and advancement is linked to increased salary reflective of the seniority and experience of the worker.
We have a range of vacancies available at each of our three career progression levels across the 3 teams (OOH, Assessment and Children & Families First).
Relocation expenses of up to £8,000 may be available for an experienced candidate to support their relocation to the area.
If you have strong social work values and are passionate about working with children, young people to keep them safe, and to support them and their families or carers to be the best they can be; then you are who we are looking for.
What you can expect
- Full induction – structured approach with supported orientation, shadowing opportunities, classroom based training and mentoring.
- Manageable and diverse caseloads – we will work with you to ensure there is a balanced approach to managing your caseload so that it is not about numbers
- Continuing professional development – You will be encouraged to develop your skills through training and reflective practice. We work closely with Bournemouth University which has a well established post-qualifying programme of learning. This supports career development and dedicated CPD time is available.
- Quality reflective supervision – Dedicated and regular 1:1 supervision with your professional line manager and annual appraisals.
Children’s Social Care has four core service areas, each managed by a Service Manager. All our social work teams comprise of a Team Manager, Assistant Team Managers, social workers and support workers. Excellent partnership working is a feature of all our services with well-established professional relationships with partner agencies and other areas of children’s services. Our practice model is Signs of Safety and all staff are offered training and support to embed this into their work with children and their families.
Qualified Social Worker Requirements
– CSW/CQSW/DipSW/BA/MA in Social Work
– Proven post qualifying experience in working with childrens services
– Current Social Worker England registration
– Current Enhanced DBS Disclosure
– Eligibility to work in the UK without work permit or visa restrictions
– Commitment to the safe care and well-being of vulnerable people
Our locum workers benefit from
– Excellent Rates
– Refer-a-friend scheme*
– Assistance with DBS applications
– Dedicated consultant support
– Varied career and flexible working opportunities
If you are interested in this position please apply online or call us on 020 8506 1111
Supply Care Solutions have a number of locum jobs across the UK. * All locums must be contract compliant before commencing work through our agency. We are recruiting professionals across all specialisms and grade. We offer an excellent referral bonus for any new worker you refer to us *Terms and conditions apply. Supply Care Solutions works in conjunction with Monitor/TDA rate caps