Supply Care Solutions are looking for qualified Social Workers to work in a Child Protection Assessment Team (CPAT)
MUST have TWO years post qualifying or completed ASYE!
• Salary: £33,000 – £42,684 per annum + £3000 Recruitment and Retention bonus
• This is a Full time role (37 hours per week, 7 day rota)
• Newly Qualified Social Workers will be considered, must have good Childrens placements (preferably/ideally within R&A or Child Protection)
The CPAT team run a duty system one week in 6, so all Social Workers are on duty for a week and then you will have 5 weeks to get through your assessments.
You will carry our initial assessments and initiate Care proceedings. You will carry out assessments under the single framework assessment framework and complete risk assessments.
Other duties include:
1. Care Planning and Signposting
2. Child Protection report and case writing and section 17 reports
3. Attending case conferences
4. Writing court statements and attending court
5. Apply for emergency care orders
6. Carrying out home visits for monitoring purposes and to safeguard children
7. Charing meetings
The responsibilities of the Social Worker includes:
- Proven court experience: Care proceedings- Experience in Public Law and Care proceedings necessary
- CP awareness and experience- e.g. section 47 and CP conferences as well as a sound understanding of guidance/framework and legislation related to the CA 1989
- To undertake assessments of needs of children and families and implement SMART care plans
- Crisis work and ability to manage cases through to initial CIN/Initial CP conference,/ Initial Court hearing/Initial LAC review
- Hard worker, empathy and emotionally resilience with a strong desire to achieve positive outcomes for vulnerable children and families
- Ability to prioritise crisis and work load
- Be part of the duty rota system.
Benefits of working for this team
• Low caseloads
• High morale, happy, friendly, caring teams
• High level of management support
• Good support from Early intervention teams; plenty of training and progression opportunities.
• Nice office environment, close to the shops
• Subsidised parking
You will need;
• Social Work England registration
• Current DBS
• Eligibility to Work in the UK
If interested in this position, please apply online or call 02085061111 (option 1)