PERMANENT Social Worker (adults) job in Essex.
This position is open to Newly Qualified Social Workers (NQSWs) and Experienced Social Workers.
Supply Care Solutions are a market-leading Medical, Social Care and Education recruitment consultancy, we offer a range of accredited services across the public sector, providing highly skilled, compliant professionals in all grades and specialties, including short, long term and permanent positions.
Supply Care Solutions are looking for a locum Social Worker job in Essex to work in a busy Adult Learning disabilities Team.
SALARY: £32,065 to £43,839 per annum
HOURS: This is a Full time role
- Working to support adults and their families, who have complex social needs and are more vulnerable as a result of disability, exclusion, or diminished capacity, you’ll maximise their potential to live independently.
- With case work focusing on the most complex and challenging adult cases, you’ll ensure that adults and their families are safeguarded. You’ll share ideas and best practice, providing specialist advice as part of a multi-disciplinary team sharing your knowledge as a Social Worker.
- The area also has good links in and out of London.
- With a mix of Urban and some rural/ semi-rural locations, the variety and scope of the work you will be able to get involved in is huge.:
- Older Adults Mental Health: The team work with adults aged 65 years and over diagnosed with a functional or organic mental illness such as dementia, and their families both in the community, and developing discharge pathways from inpatient wards in accordance with the Mental Health Act 1983 and Care Act 2014 principles. This is a dynamic role promoting innovate person centred and partnership working with adults, their informal carers and in collaboration with other statutory, and non-statutory services to support and promote their mental health, well-being and outcomes. An essential part of the role is to challenge stigma, discrimination and consider least restrictive approaches for adults and their situations through holistic assessments and considering positive risk management to promote outcomes and recovery.
- Neighbourhood Team: The team operates within the South Essex area and forms part of a Neighbourhood approach, so links closely with our partners in health, housing and voluntary sector. The team undertakes a wide range of duties under the Care Act 2014 from assessment, reviews, mental capacity assessments and adult safeguarding. We work with adults from 18 years and over and across all specialisms. We work with adults to support independence and maximise potential, and work with people with complex needs and diverse situations. Our team values focussed on early intervention and prevention, and a focus on recovery to support adults to achieve individual outcomes. This includes working closely with partners and building networks and community resilience. We offer flexible working over 37 hours/week within our Older Adults Mental Health and Neighbourhood teams. The working pattern is typically Monday to Friday covering core hours of 9am to 5:30pm, flexible working options and condensed 4 day working patterns can also be considered.
- Discharge to Assess: This is a chance to take a step forward and expand your knowledge and experience in working within a Discharge To Assess Model. This model of practice is ever evolving and developing and as a member within the team you will be an influencer of change and progression. You will be supporting adults who have recently been discharged from hospital or supporting them to prevent an admission into hospital. The ethos being to support Adults to leave hospital, when safe and appropriate to do so, and continuing their care and assessment out of hospital. This team operates on a 7 day working rota which may include working one weekend in six, a 6% flat rate allowance is applicable.
Qualified Social Worker Requirements
– CSW/CQSW/DipSW/BA/MA in Social Work
– Proven post qualifying experience in working with Adult services
– Current Social Worker England registration
– Current Enhanced DBS Disclosure
– Eligibility to work in the UK without work permit or visa restrictions
– Commitment to the safe care and well-being of vulnerable people
If you are interested in this position please apply online or call us on 020 8506 1111
Supply Care Solutions have a number of locum jobs across the UK. * All locums must be contract compliant before commencing work through our agency. We are recruiting professionals across all specialisms and grade. We offer an excellent referral bonus for any new worker you refer to us *Terms and conditions apply. Supply Care Solutions works in conjunction with Monitor/TDA rate caps