Children Social Worker(Newly Qualified) – Localities Team, in south Wales
Supply Care Solutions are a market-leading Medical, Social Care and Education recruitment consultancy, we offer a range of accredited services across the public sector, providing highly skilled, compliant professionals in all grades and specialties, including short, long term and permanent positions.
Supply Care Solutions are looking for a Social Worker in south Wales in a childrens Localities Team.
SALARY: £34,577– £38,782) his role attracts a market supplement of £5,000 (full time equivalent).
TEAM: Child Localities Team
HOURS: This is a Full time role (Mon-Fri)
This council is committed to becoming a ‘Child Friendly City’ that places the rights of children and young people at the head of our policies and strategies. Parents have the most significant influence on children and on their future lives. It is our belief that outcomes for children are best when they are supported to grow and achieve within their own families. This belief has driven the ‘Think Family’ approach which looks at the family as a whole and co-ordinates support across the public services, tailored to each family’s needs and strengths.
They are moving towards locality based working, moving services into the communities with which they work. This is the first step of a move towards better-integrated public services, working more closely with partners within the community. They work jointly with partners to ensure citizens have access to all the services and opportunities available to them within their local community.
Within the team’s geographical area you will support children and young people through robust assessment, SMART planning and effective intervention to support them in achieving positive outcomes within their families and communities. Working within a restorative practice approach, you will work in partnership with families and multi-agency colleagues in intervening to address both the presenting concerns and underlying difficulties.
This is an exciting opportunity to join the service which puts the individual at the heart of our work. The teams work from a strengths-based (Signs of Safety) approach to meet the needs of young people and their families.
Other duties include:
– To participate in supervision, appraisal and team meetings, identifying issues and possible solutions where discussion and decision required.
– To work within the budget framework of the service to identify specific packages of care to respond to individual assessments.
– To record and share client data in line with Council policy and procedure.
– To use corporate systems to support core business and care management process.
– To offer specific advice to social workers and other care professionals in areas of specialist knowledge.
Qualified Social Worker Requirements
– CSW/CQSW/DipSW/BA/MA in Social Work
– Completion of ASYE or 2 years experience
– Proven post qualifying experience in working with childrens services
– Current Social Worker England registration
– Current Enhanced DBS Disclosure
– Eligibility to work in the UK without work permit or visa restrictions
– Commitment to the safe care and well-being of vulnerable people
If you are interested in this position please apply online or call us on 020 8506 1111
Supply Care Solutions have a number of locum jobs across the UK. * All locums must be contract compliant before commencing work through our agency. We are recruiting professionals across all specialisms and grade. We offer an excellent referral bonus for any new worker you refer to us *Terms and conditions apply. Supply Care Solutions works in conjunction with Monitor/TDA rate caps