Supply Care Solutions are looking for a Band 6 Occupational Therapist in Powys, Wales.
Supply Care Solutions are a market-leading Medical, Social Care and Education recruitment consultancy, we offer a range of accredited services across the public sector, providing highly skilled, compliant professionals in all grades and specialties, including short, long term and permanent positions.
Rate: £28.00ph (umbrella)
TYPE: Full time (LOCUM)
TEAM: Women’s & Children’s
DURATION: 12 weeks (possibly extended)
We are looking for a Band 6 Specialist Women’s & Children’s OT to start ASAP for up to three months.
Given the geography of the loal area, we would consider the role being split between two candidates covering the North and South of the county.
The North post would cover the whole of North Powys, and the South post would cover the whole of the South of Powys. If the role is to be split, we would require 18.75 hours (2.5 days) per week covered at each location.
The post holder will provide a specialist OT Service within a designated area and be responsible for;
• Managing a caseload of clients with complex needs, using evidence based/client centred principles to assess, plan implement and evaluate interventions.
• Provide leadership for junior staff both LHB and SCS employees through supervision and appraisal.
• Participate in the planning, development and evaluation of Occupational Therapy services within a designated area/team, holding responsibility for defined projects.
• Contribute to the maintenance and development of the Occupational Therapy Service.
• Regularly supervise Occupational Therapy students on practice placements.
• Deputise for Team Leader when necessary.
• Work flexible across locality and participate in the 7-day rota to meet the service needs
• Provide cover in other areas/specialities as appropriate and within competencies.
• Provide a flexible service in locations most appropriate to patient’s needs, e.g. home, school, community hospital or leisure centre etc.
• Allocate work to Support Staff, at all times monitoring their skills and competencies.
Occupational Therapist Requirements
– Proven post qualifying experience
– Current HCPC registration
– Current Enhanced DBS Disclosure
– Commitment to the safe care and well-being of vulnerable people
Our locum workers benefit from
– Excellent Rates
– Refer-a-friend scheme*
– Assistance with DBS applications
– Dedicated consultant support
– Varied career and flexible working opportunities
If you are interested in this position please apply online or call us on 020 8506 1111
Supply Care Solutions have a number of locum jobs across the UK. *All locums must be contract compliant before commencing work through our agency. We are recruiting professionals across all specialisms and grade. We offer an excellent referral bonus for any new worker you refer to us *Terms and conditions apply. Supply Care Solutions works in conjunction with Monitor/TDA rate caps