Supply Care Solutions are looking for a Band 6 Occupational Therapist in London
Rate: £32.00ph (umbrella)
TYPE: Full time role (37 hours per week)
TEAM: Adult Social Care
DURATION: 12 weeks (possibly extended)
Responsible for direct line supervision of both Qualified and Unqualified staff within the team. Including but not limited to –
• Advanced Practitioner Independent Living Assessors.
• Independent Living Assessors.
• Occupational Therapy Assistants
- Work as a member of the Complex Occupational Therapy Service having a clinical caseload of people with complex multiple pathologies who exhibit a range of psychological, neurological, emotional, behavioural, social problems or age-related conditions.
- To assess and advise residents on all aspects of their daily life using knowledge of – The Care Act 2014, The 1986 Disabled Persons (Services, Consultation and Representation) Act, The 1989 Children’s Act, The 1990 National Health Service and Community Care Act, The 1995 Disability Discrimination Act, The 1996 Housing Grants Construction and The Regeneration Act.
- To use initiative and experience to develop intervention planning for highly complex cases, including Moving & handling, provision of nonstandard major adaptations, tailor made specialist equipment and prescription of highly specialist seating.
- To be able to prescribe and demonstrate use of complex moving and handling equipment, including but not limited to several types of hoists, sliding sheets and slings.
- To understand smarter care provision, enabling residents to be as independent as possible.
- To act as an authoriser on Medequip for orders up to £1,000 threshold- £2,500
- To assist with monitoring and allocating cases from incoming works ensuring residents are seen in a timely manner
- To work flexible hours in accordance with the demand of the service.
- Where appropriate identified and provide carers assessment, capacity assessment and liaise with safeguarding team.
- To work in partnership with voluntary and statutory agencies and ensure that the resident has all the relevant information and support services.
- To make full use of Information Technology systems i.e. Mosaic, Outlook, Word, Office 365, Teams, Intranet /Internet and to undertake further training as necessary
- To maintain concise records of assessments and other contacts with residents, relatives and other professionals in accordance with departmental and professional policies.
- To maintain and produce accurate statistics and other departmental records as required.
- To design, implement and evaluate project/research type work
- Minimum B Sc Hons O.T. or Diploma of the College of Occupational Therapists.
- Registered as an Occupational Therapist with the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC)
Occupational Therapist Requirements
– Proven post qualifying experience
– Current HCPC registration
– Current Enhanced DBS Disclosure
– Commitment to the safe care and well-being of vulnerable people
Our locum workers benefit from
– Excellent Rates
– Refer-a-friend scheme*
– Assistance with DBS applications
– Dedicated consultant support
– Varied career and flexible working opportunities
If you are interested in this position please apply online or call us on 020 8506 1111
Supply Care Solutions have a number of locum jobs across the UK. *All locums must be contract compliant before commencing work through our agency. We are recruiting professionals across all specialisms and grade. We offer an excellent referral bonus for any new worker you refer to us *Terms and conditions apply. Supply Care Solutions works in conjunction with Monitor/TDA rate caps