Supply Care Solutions are looking for a Band 6 Occupational Therapist
Rate: £24.00-£26.00 ph
TYPE: Full time role (37 hours per week)
TEAM: Older People
To provide a high standard of Therapy Service to the Acute Therapy Team and the patients.
• As a senior member of the multidisciplinary team, work to achieve maximum potential recovery for each patient, implementing timely Occupational Therapy treatment programmes with the aim of improving independence, function and quality of life.
• To undertake specialist skills in all aspects of acute inpatient wards and work as an autonomous practitioner.
• To identify patients that would benefit from early Occupational Therapy intervention in order to commence their rehabilitation and to expedite their discharge using the most appropriate pathway for discharge.
• To hold responsibility for own caseload and be responsible to a defined area of the service or a particular patient type, working without direct supervision. Supervision takes the form of regular formal training and clinical reasoning sessions, peer review, case conferences. Access to advice and support from a specialised physiotherapist or occupational therapist is available where required.
• To maintain a flexible, patient centred approach to service delivery at all times. This includes working unsociable hours / seven day working for optimal patient care and service delivery.
• To liaise with the multidisciplinary team across primary and secondary care, regarding assessment outcomes and ongoing treatment required to avoid unnecessary admissions to hospital, to promote early supported discharge and to aid hospital flow.
Occupational Therapist Requirements
– Proven post qualifying experience in working with adult services
– Current HCPC registration
– Current Enhanced DBS Disclosure
– Commitment to the safe care and well-being of vulnerable people
Our locum workers benefit from
– Excellent Rates
– Refer-a-friend scheme*
– Assistance with DBS applications
– Dedicated consultant support
– Varied career and flexible working opportunities
If you are interested in this position please apply online or call us on 020 8506 1111
Supply Care Solutions have a number of locum jobs across the UK. *All locums must be contract compliant before commencing work through our agency. We are recruiting professionals across all specialisms and grade. We offer an excellent referral bonus for any new worker you refer to us *Terms and conditions apply. Supply Care Solutions works in conjunction with Monitor/TDA rate caps